The District has a responsibility for complying with State directives to ensure the public safety of our citizens and our employees.
Starting on Monday, July 27, 2020 when members of the public come to a District facility they need to be wearing a mask.
Guidance and expectations for compliance with the wearing of masks/face coverings in public are:
- Inside of facilities while around others and social distancing is not possible;
- In common areas (i.e., hallways, meeting rooms, restrooms, elevators, etc.);
- Inside of a vehicle with others;
- Working outdoors while around others and when social distancing is not possible;
- In-person contact with members of the public. This is applicable even if there is a protective or Plexiglas barrier between the employee and members of the public;
- Per the Governor’s order, exceptions will be made for medical purposes, strenuous physical activity, eating and drinking;
- Suitable face coverings include manufactured cloth masks, homemade cloth masks, surgical masks, and masks that are improvised from common items such as shirts, clothing, scarves, or bandanas;